Week One Mentor Guide
Mentor Guide – Week 1
At least once each week, sit down with a Christian friend from your church and talk through the Mentor Guide below. There is no preparation needed for either of you, this will just give you an opportunity to talk through some big questions and issues about knowing God. The Mentor will ask you each of the questions for the week and then they will allow you to ask any question that you may have thought about during the week. The questions are for you to practice talking about Jesus and to help clarify some of the things that are happening in your life. If you don’t know the answer to a question, don’t worry about it. That is why you are meeting with the mentor.
Mentors, ask these questions below:
- Why and when did you pray to receive Jesus?
- What changes do you feel God has already made in your life?
- Are there any other changes that you think need to be made?
- Is there anything from your Bible studies this week that you don’t understand?
- Do you have a copy of the Bible?
- Has anyone talked to you about baptism?
- Can you explain baptism and its purpose?
- How can I pray for you, your family, or friends?
- Pray with student thanking God for their new life and asking God to guide them
as they walk with Christ.