Scripture Memory Starter Pack
Tips for Scripture Memory
1. Select a verse and underline/highlight it in your Bible.
2. Write out the verse(s) on a note card or on several note cards that you can put them in key places in your home or car. (For example: on your lamp, bathroom mirror, closet door, refrigerator, above your light switch, in a book, your purse, etc.)
3. Read the scripture aloud several times, including the verse reference before and after the verse.
4. Break the verse down into smaller parts. Practice saying each part aloud without looking, adding a part each time that you are successful, until you are able to say the entire verse.
5. Practice your verse aloud several times a day for a couple of days, then begin a new verse.
6. As your list of memorized verses grows, review daily the five or so most recent verses that you have learned. Once a week, review ALL the verses that you know.